- Third Party ISPs customers started complaining about LTE data outage on Friday 14 December 2019
- Axxess amongst others acknowledged the issue and stated in a Mobile Network Notice that they have informed Cell C about the issue and that Cell C engineers were attending to it
- Customers were told that there was no ETR
- As hours passed without no solution, customers took to social networks where they were told to reboot their devices, provide affected numbers and were told that their complaints were escalated
- Five days later, it would appear that Cell C has been economical with the truth
Five days after experiencing LTE network outage, third party ISP’s clients using Cell C LTE for data in the Country’s outlying areas are left with no alternative but to cancel their contracts.
This has been learned in our live chat with one of Axxess customer care consultant who informed us that Cell C revoked its contract with 3rd Party ISPs following its recent roaming agreement with MTN.
See the screenshots of our live chat below.
Attempts to get Cell C to comment have drawn a blank at a time of writing.