Opportunity closing date: Friday, 7 May, 2021
The Western Cape Association for Persons with Disabilities (APD) is a nonprofit organisation, affiliated to the National Council for Persons with Physical Disabilities in South Africa. The Western Cape APD serves as a pro-active forum for the advancement of persons with physical disabilities so as to enable them to attain their maximum level of independence and integration into the community, and is active in the prevention of physical disablement.
The Western Cape Association for Persons with Disabilities (APD) seeks to appoint an OT to be based in satellite office in George.The post requires travel between the eight APD branches in the Southern Cape / Karoo region.
Employment Type: Full-time
Start Date: As soon as possible
- As part of the multi-disciplinary WCAPD team, support and facilitate the organizational development of APD branches
- Develop Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) services with focus on services to children with disabilities, Work & Employment services of adults with disabilities and Peer Support services.
- Develop and facilitate staff training
- Monitor and evaluate services
- Lobby & collaborate with key stakeholders
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Valid registration with HPCSA
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- 2 Years’ experience advantageous
- Proficient in English & Afrikaans
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Please send CV & qualifications to email@example.com
If no communication has been received within 2 weeks from closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.